eMEGO 181 / Compound Eye
Journey from Anywhere
- 1.1. Foehn (2:07)
- 1.2. Archaic Atmosphere (11:20)
- 1.3. The Hydraulic Regime Vibrates from Within (7:40)
- 2.1. Journey Into Anywhere (18:07)
- 3.1. Open Interval 1 (4:18)
- 3.2. Cosmic Exhaust: The Selector (Cut-up composition) (7:10)
- 3.3. Open Interval 2 (3:52)
- 4.1. The Outer Sphere (14:22)
Recorded at various times between 2010-2012 in New York City by Drew McDowall & Tres Warren
Mastered and cut by CGB at Dubplates and Mastering, Berlin, August 2013
Artwork by Stephen O’Malley
Compound Eye is Drew McDowall (formerly of Coil) and Tres Warren (Psychic Ills and Messages).
'Journey From Anywhere' is their second long-player release following 'Origin of Silence', an art edition LP on The Spring Press label. This double lp features 4 sides of improvised electronics that lead the listener into the dark recesses of the duo's subterranean explorations. Each of these works move at a slow and considered pace, gradually unfolding into a transportive blur of dark psychedelic minimalism.
Like elements of Coil long form works this is a music which has the potential to melt time, open space and create a flowing web of liquid memory.
A sublime record for those who like music that encourages travel.