EMEGO 116 / Mark Fell
- 1.1. Acids In The… thin razor, attack noise hat, Linn (2:29)
- 1.2. Acids In The… primes version (0:51)
- 1.3. Manitutshu (A New Algorithm)… LatelyBass and NewElectro, attack pulse hat (5:42)
- 2.1. Acids In The… razor experiment (0:51)
- 2.2. Manitutshu... parameter set 2, Linn HI Tom, JazzOrg, vortex study performance overdub, and synthesis reminiscent of Duet Emmo (6:23)
- 2.3. Acids In The… stochastic energy pause with thin razor, attack noise hat, Linn (1:47)
- 3.1. Manitutshu... First Algorithm Test (3:41)
- 3.2. Occultation… razor simple acid pause version with lfo to cutoff (1:47)
- 3.3. Materialisation epic razor chord and LatelyBass version with found voice (3:26)
- 4.1. Occultation of... Mat Steel Extended Remix (14:57)
Total Running Time: 42 minutes
In January 2011 Mark was invited by Erik Wiegand (aka Errorsmith) to make some presets for his new software synthesizer which he was building for Native Instruments. After developing about 40 sounds*, Mark decided to rework his UL8 project by extending the pattern generating systems used in its construction, which he then connected to the sounds produced in Erik's synthesizer. The result is this double 12" single, featuring 9 tracks and a remix from Mark's friend and colleague Mat Steel.
The project ships with an A1 full colour poster. Recorded Rotherham (UK) and Sheffield (UK) March 2011. Mastered by Lupo at Dubplates and Mastering (DE) March 2011.
*unfortunately NI rejected all of Mark's presets and none were used for the final distribution.